Huge Craftsy sale

I love Craftsy! I even bought a whole pile of their quilting course already and have been eyeing some pattenrnmaking and sewing ones. Right now they have a up to 50% off sale. Prices are crazy good. Do you use Craftsy for anything? I had always dreamed of a site being built like this and I have to say - they did it right. … [Continue reading...]

Free Motion Floral Sampler Quilt


A finish! Yay! This might be my first finished quilt of 2014, ugh. For this quilt, I used the leftover blocks from my Summer Quilt. You can do this with any collection of 10" squares. I had 25 blocks and some were duplicates. This would look really awesome in solids or low volume prints or even alternate value prints. Take your 25 blocks and lay them out on the floor or design wall until you get a pleasing arrangement. Sew two together for each row until you've sewn a whole row. Sew … [Continue reading...]

Scrapper’s Delight


I’d like to say I started this quilt after I sorted my scraps, but no – I did this while sorting because the thrill of discovering long lost bits of favourite fabrics was a big draw. I got Sunday Morning Quilts a few months ago and love every other one in the book, so given […]

[Continue reading...]

More scrap sorting


Wow, I completely spaced on all the rest of the scrap organizing I did and the quilt block piecing. I think I was so head-down concentrating all I had brain space for was posting to Instagram. When last I wrote, I was eyeball deep in organizing my scraps. I’m happy to say I survived, but […]

[Continue reading...]

Scrap organization


This week I did two things: work on organizing one of my scrap bins and worked on quilting a block or two of a really simple baby quilt. The baby quilt is just 16 10″ blocks all sewed together. They were leftover from my summer quilt here. I found a large floral for the backing […]

[Continue reading...]

More Rock Candy quilt table toppers and Hex n more ruler


I have been on fire this week with piecing and quilting – all small projects and of course new ones. I decided to try out the Rocky Candy pattern using a scrap I had forever that was a gradient solid. I just cut strips I needed, then the diamonds from that. The triangles and borders […]

[Continue reading...]

Northern Lights


I bought new quilt patterns. I know! Like I don’t have enough on the go. But I’ve wanted this pattern Northern Lights quilt pattern for a long time – ever since it came out – and I finally found a Canadian distributor. My local quilt shop had some of Jaybird Quilts patterns but not this […]

[Continue reading...]

Chevron quilt


I realized I never posted the chevron quilt I made. I was half thinking of giving it away to a friend for their baby, but wound up doing something different, and I had loaded it to my local quilt shop as a display quilt, so I sort of forgot all about it until I got […]

[Continue reading...]

Summer quilt


I made a summer quilt and started last summer, but that’s not why it’s called a summer quilt. A summer quilt is a quilt with either lightweight or (in this case) no batting. I decided to make a large queen sized lightweight quilt for our bed for those times we just needed something to nap […]

[Continue reading...]

Star Spangled American Flag Squares quilt


I took on a commission for a close friend who wanted a quilt for her husband, who was turning 50. He’s an american who emigrated to Canada, so she wanted something red white and blue, and had given me about 3 yards of a flag fabric from Joanne’s, the fabric chain. We decided to go […]

[Continue reading...]

Things to do in 2014

I just tidied up my sewing room a bit and took stock of all the sewing and quilting I have on the go. The pile of quilts I have to finish? 15! I think I should try and finish those up this year, sheesh! Especially since many in the pile are in my archives as […]

[Continue reading...]

Finishes for 2013


Here’s my finishes for the year. And these are the ones I finished and completely neglected to blog about. This doesn’t count pincushions and garment sewing I did either.

[Continue reading...]

Maybe back?

Wow, sorry. And yes I realize 2 of the last three posts were about me not quilting. Now the Christmas sewing is done and the other project sewing is done so I can finally relax and get back in the swing of it for real this time. It’s funny – I actually need to quilt […]

[Continue reading...]

Appliqued baby name quilt

baby quilt all quilted and appliquéd letters in place

When I heard I was going to be a grandmother for the third time in four years, well of course my first thought was what quilt I was going to make. Okay, maybe that was my second thought. After I made this baby quilt, I figured you would love to have this free baby quilt […]

[Continue reading...]

Catch up

I have been a sad neglectful blogger, I know. I had a lull in quilting then I finished some times so quickly and had them out the door there wasn’t any time to actually write up the posts. These are all pending posts to come: – Bob’s quilt. Red white and blue. – Jade’s name […]

[Continue reading...]