I took on a quilting job that was not for my mom. One of my remote co-workers had seen pictures of my quilts and loved them. She was working on a baby quilt of her own and was not happy with the quilting she had started.
So, she asked if I would quilt it for her – for PAY even!
This is how the quilt arrived – basted and some preliminary lines done. She said she wasn’t sure she liked what she had already done, so if I had other ideas, it was totally okay to take them out if I wanted.
So I did. Honestly, this was the bulk of the work.
I pressed the top and the backing quite throughly and basted it again to new batting, replacing the 100% poly with a 50/50 blend.
And boy howdy did I have ideas! I thought it would be best to have Mctavishing in the white blocks, and a feathery design on the pink triangles.
I settled on a heart & feather combo. I did use a template for this and stitched over tracing paper to have a design to follow.
I did also stitch in the ditch on the seam lines, but only the pink ones – not inner ones on white blocks. These were mostly diagonal and just to divide the quilt into sections for quilting.
Back view – you can see I just went around the butterflies and left them unquilted.
The finished quilt! I machine bound it with strips cut off the backing when I trimmed it after quilting.
Here’s a close up of the crinkly goodness after I washed and dried it. I always do this for quilts I know that will be used.
Overall back view.
When Corinne received her quilt back in the mail she was SO HAPPY.