When I went to hunt down previous posts about this quilt, I shocked myself in realizing it’s been over two years since I started this one.
At any rate, the top was done, or so I thought. Then I decided to use up all the jelly roll and make it bigger. All but 4 pieces, which I used as an ipad cozy. (Then I took it apart because I never actually USED it with my ipad. Those bits went in the scrap bin).
So. Then the top was done and waiting for batting and I FINALLY got around to quilting it.
Again inspired heavily by Angela Walters, not to copy it completely but to really learn from her techniques and example, I did a different design in each strip. I also did pebbling in all the grey negative spaces around the strips.
While I emphasized the print strips, for the grey parts I just went all out as if it were one piece. Because it is – the background.
FYI pebbling takes a LOT of thread. I think I used up 5 bobbins, easy. I’m starting to write this stuff down and take notes too.
This quilt wound up around a lap / twin size. I debated back and forth, and eventually listed it in my Etsy shop.