I made two more pillow covers for my girls, since I decided they needed matching ones for quilts I had made each of them before, and I again had patterns I wanted to try.
Meaghan has a grey and purple quilt, so I made hers to match. And of course I still had fabric scraps. Wow, that was January, 2012.
Sarah has a blue and white quilt, but I had to scrounge a bit because it look like I either used up what I had then or since. There’s a lot of blues in my quilts. Turns out it’s yet another quilt I didn’t blog about tho I remember I took loads of pics. Luckily, I made a blue and white quilt Flickr album.
So, here’s a shot of both pillow covers. Once again I used Jaybird quilts patterns – Jawbreaker and Candy Dish.
I know they are in a shot with other things here. For the blue one, Sarah’s, I did FMQ around each hex. The backing is just a plain blue and white strip with a zip closing. For meaghan’s I did straight line quilting 1/4″ from each seam. A zip closure here too, but with a strip on the back of extra hexes. The back isn’t quilted.