WordPress tshirts! If you’ve spent any time around the community, chances are, you have more than you can wear…but you can’t possibly throw them out, either, can you?
I’ve got a great solution – a super soft, heavy, and warm quilt (or a lightweight blanket for those of you in hotter climes).
How does this work?
- You send me each shirt you’d like to feature in your personalized quilt. They can be any tshirts, not just WordPress but make sure you want them all in the same quilt.
- I cut them, arrange them, quilt them (and recycle the leftover fabric, because the WordPress community cares about the environment, too).
- Approximately 8-12 weeks later, you receive your one-of-a-kind, handmade quilt.
What goes into making a quilt?
- Cutting the shirts so the printed areas are as large as possible.
- Small areas of printing are smaller blocks.*
- Designing the quilt top for maximum visual appeal.
- Sewing the pieces together.
- Layering the top (the sewn together shirts) with batting and backing fabric and basting.
- Quilting it from the top, with varying designs to highlight the shirts.
- Binding the edges of the quilt.
*Don’t have enough shirts for the size quilt you’d like? Don’t worry, I’ll fill in the blank areas with solid squares that complement your design.
For the blanket option, I skip the last three steps, using a simpler method to add the backing and finish the edges in one go.
Select Your Size and Quilt Type:
For shirts with printing on the front and the back, count that as TWO shirts.
|Quilt Size (approx)||minimum
# of Tees
|Price in USD|
|lap or baby- shown above
47 x 50″
|large lap – up to 52 x 68″||15||$200|
|throw – up to 60 x 72″||20||$250|
|twin – up to 62 x 84″||25||$300|
|full/double – up to 84 x92″||35||$400|
|Queen – up to 92 x 100″||45||$500|
|King – up to 100 x 112″||55||$600|
How (and when) do I pay you?
Paypal! It’s quick, easy, and secure.
Once you’ve contacted me through the form below, with your quilt size / number of shirts, I’ll be in touch to discuss fabric and binding choices.
After you’ve made your final selections, I’ll send an invoice for a 50% down payment, and you’ll ship your shirts my way, by regular USPS. (Please do not use courier as they charge me import fees of $50-$100. For a value, use $100 or less as this is for replacement costs for the shirts in the box – not the value of the finished quilt.)
When I complete the quilt, I’ll email you to let you know it is complete and ask for the final payment. Upon receipt of payment, I will ship the quilt back to you.
Please fill out the form to reserve your spot. Because each quilt is handmade, I will be taking a limited amount of orders.
Don’t see the form? That means I’m currently at maximum capacity.